Hemkund Sahib Travel and Trek Package
Embarking on a journey to Hemkund Sahib is a pilgrimage of both physical and spiritual significance. Nestled in the picturesque state of Uttarakhand in the Indian Himalayas, Hemkund Sahib is a sacred Sikh shrine situated at an altitude of 4,329 meters (14,200 feet) above sea level. To facilitate a seamless and enriching experience for pilgrims, travel and trek packages have been curated to ensure a harmonious blend of adventure and devotion.
The travel and trek package to Hemkund Sahib typically includes a well-organized itinerary designed to cater to the needs of both novice and experienced trekkers. The journey often commences from the gateway town of Rishikesh, known for its spiritual aura and the confluence of the Ganges River. From Rishikesh, travelers embark on a scenic drive to Govindghat, the base camp for the trek.
The main religious places here are:
- Hemkund Sahib Gurdwara: Hemkund Sahib Gurdwara is a major Sikh pilgrimage site and is visited by the Sikh community. This Gurudwara is famous for its religious significance to Guru Gobind Singh Ji, the tenth Guru of Sikhism.
- Lokeshwar Mahadev Temple: During the Hemkund Sahib Yatra, travelers also visit Lokeshwar Mahadev Temple. It is an important temple of Hindu religion and has a natural beauty with mountain wildlife.
- Hemkund: Hemkund is a natural pond located at the end of Hemkund Sahib Yatra. The pond is revered by many Charanis for their religious beliefs and is an important pilgrimage site for pilgrims.
Before choosing the time of Hemkund Sahib Yatra, it is important for you to understand about the weather, travel conditions of the hilly area, and your religious and essential material required for the journey. You can contact a local travel agency to get information about travel facilities and places near the pilgrimage site.
The itinerary of Hemkund Sahib travel package from Delhi can be as follows:
Hemkund Sahib Tour and Trek Package from Delhi to Delhi
Day 1: Arrival Delhi – Haridwar (250Kms 06 hrs)
Start your journey from Delhi to Haridwar (approximately a 6-hour drive).
Upon reaching Haridwar, visit Har Ki Pauri for the Ganga Aarti in the evening.
Explore the local market and have a relaxing evening by the Ganges
Day 2: Haridwar to Joshimath (276 Kms 10 hrs)
After an early breakfast, drive to Joshimath (approximately 9-10 hours).
On the way, you can stop at Devprayag, Rudraprayag, and Karnaprayag, the confluence of rivers forming the Ganges.
Reach Joshimath by the evening and relax for the night.
Day 3: Joshimath to Govindghat to Ghangaria (30 Kms + 13 km trek 6 hrs)
Drive to Govindghat and start your trek to Ghangaria (approximately 13 km trek).
The trek from Govindghat to Ghangaria is moderate and passes through beautiful landscapes.
Overnight stay in Ghangaria.
Day 4: Ghangaria to Hemkund Sahib and back (6 Kms trek+ 8 hrs)
Early morning trek to Hemkund Sahib (approximately 6 km trek).
Spend some time at the holy shrine and the pristine Hemkund Lake.
Return to Ghangaria for an overnight stay.
Day 5: Ghangaria to Govindghat(10 Kms 5 hrs)
Trek back to Govindghat.
Take a relaxing evening and rest in Govindghat.
Day 6: Govindghat to Rishikesh (264Kms 9 hrs)
Drive back to Haridwar from Govindghat.
Check into your hotel and spend the evening at leisure.
If time permits, you can explore more of Haridwar.
Day 7: Haridwar to Delhi(241 Kms 7 hrs)
After breakfast, drive back to Delhi.
Reach Delhi by evening, concluding your trip.
Hemkund Sahib Yatra Packages are organized to make the visit of the seekers to Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara convenient and comfortable. These packages are offered by various travel agencies or tour operators and usually include the following services:
- Accommodation: Packages usually include booking of hotels or guesthouses near the starting and ending point of the Hemkund Sahib Yatra (such as Joshimath or Govindghat).
- Transportation: The package may include transportation arrangements starting and ending from the starting point of your trip, which may usually be Haridwar or Rishikesh.
- Food: Packages usually arrange for food during the journey. This food generally follows the dietary rules of Sikhism and is vegetarian.
- Pony/Mule/Porter: For those who find the journey difficult, packages may provide the service of a pony, mule or porter to carry your luggage or assist during the journey.
- Guides: Many packages include the services of experienced guides who can guide you safely along the way.
- Darshan Pass: Some packages may provide the service of special Darshan Pass, giving you the opportunity to have a primary darshan of the Gurudwara.
- Travel Registration: Packages may include assistance with travel registration, which is required to visit Hemkund Sahib.
- Medical Assistance: In case of any health problem during the trip, the packages may provide medical assistance or medical facilities.
While planning a Hemkund Sahib trip, you need to choose a package according to your needs and budget. Along with this, it is important to check the itinerary, inclusions and conditions of the package from the tour operator before booking. It’s also a good idea to know when to make this trip, as the weather in the region can be harsh and unpredictable, especially during the monsoon and winter seasons.
- Hotel accommodation on twin sharing with buffet breakfast.
- Aircon car with English speaking driver for all transfers, sightseeing, intercity travel throughout the tour.
- Car services include all services; From airport pick up to departure.
- Driver Allowance (Food & Accommodation)
- All toll taxes, entry permits and parking fees.
- English speaking guide during sightseeing.
- Any international/domestic air/train fare.
- Entry fee for monuments/sightseeings.
- Government Service Tax (GST) 5% on tour packages.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as laundry, tips, phone calls, insurance, portage, soft/hard drinks, meals, etc. unless specified.
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Inclusions’ will not be part of this package.